Findhorn Flower Essences are made using wild flowers from Scotland and pure water collected from sacred healing wells. They are prepared by the sun-infusion method pioneered in the 1930s by Dr. Edward Bach , whose own remedies revived the age-old use and understanding of the natural healing power expressed by flowering plants and trees. The Findhorn Essences are created by Marion Leigh.
The subtle healing properties of flower essences restore balance on all levels of being: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. They work with the body’s own ability to heal itself, restoring order from a higher level and strengthening one’s own inner resources. They are supportive, helpful in personal development and a powerful aid to transformation.
What are flower essences?
Flower essences repair, balance and stabilise the circuitry of our electrical system so that the vital life energy may flow well again. By taking the appropriate essences, we immediately balance the electrical system, stabilise the nervous system and halt the domino effect that leads to physical illness.
Flowers are the highest manifestation of the life force of a plant. The healing vibration of the flower is transferred into pure water and the resulting infusion is then preserved with brandy. Recent research has shown that water has a memory. The vibratory ‘signature’ of the flower equates with an emotion or state of mind.
They are natural, non-toxic, water-based products that have no chemical or biological materials present other than the water and its brandy preservative. They are produced by and are subject to, UK food standards, DEFRA labelling law and MHRA literature and descriptions guidance. They have no side effects, are safe for children and pets and can be taken alongside any other healing modality.
How can Flower Essences help?
* Upsets and trauma – Flower essences can bring comfort in times of distress, trauma or upset. They help to release shocks (new and old) that when left unresolved may become the underlying cause of future health imbalances.
* Stress – Assists one to remain calm and centred, essences can change one’s perception of a tense situation, so one is able to manage stress healthily.
* Confidence – Lack of self-esteem and confidence can be a debilitating factor in life. Flower essences can improve self-worth immeasurably, so it becomes easier to have the confidence to do things one wishes, take up opportunities and achieve far more in life.
* Change – Essences help hugely in times of change especially for those of us particularly resistant to any form of change. They assist by gently acclimatising one to other perspectives or situations, enabling one to embrace other views and generally to step more lightly through life with greater flexibility.
* Challenges and problems – At these times one needs to find inner strength to face major change, challenges and difficulties, essences are there to support and help one cope.
* Anxiety and worry – Flower essences help one to relax, they instil a level of calm and peace that relieves anxiety, worry or a tendency to negative thinking.
* Depression or sadness – There are many different essences to support one during times of just plain gloominess to absolute despair and hopelessness. By introducing a level of light into our psyche, they help one to see things differently and provide the inner strength to cope at times like these. Professional help should be sought for the clinically depressed or suicidal.
* Focus and direction – Quite often one can go through periods when one loses focus or needs assistance to make a decision or find the appropriate path in life. Essences instil awareness, helping one to reach decisions more easily. They inspire direction, so one is able to see the way more clearly, to be aware of one’s objectives and aims and to fulfil one’s potential.
* Inner guidance – If one is looking for inner guidance or clarity around a particular issue, there will be an essence to assist. Essences can also aid in helping to understand one’s higher purpose or unfold one’s spiritual awareness.
* Relationships – Essences lend a hand when communication problems or conflicts with others arise. Inevitably this area of life means facing hurt, pain and disappointments at some point. Essences help one to cope with upsets and move on from these feelings. They assist in overcoming setbacks, enabling one to face life again with resilience and optimism. Sometimes one may benefit from an essence to let go of old resentments or anger pertaining to a relationship.
* Protection – Many people, especially those who work with others in some capacity, are often extremely sensitive. Their ‘openness’ makes it very easy for them to absorb like a sponge other people’s ‘stuff’. This can be tiring and overwhelming emotionally, or debilitating to the extent that they can become ill. One can benefit from the protective qualities of essences, against the discord energies of others. They help to create healthy boundaries so one is strong enough to compassionately help others but to remain safely shielded.
* Recovery and convalescence – Helpful in recovering from surgery and clearing the affects of anaesthesia, essences are also useful in restoring vitality following a period of illness, accident, overwork or stress.
How do I use Flower Essences?
Flower essences have a wide range of applications. Take several drops directly under the tongue or in a glass of water and sip throughout the day. Add them to bathwater, creams or lotions and apply topically or spray them on your person, around the home and workplace. The essences are most effective when used frequently in small amounts. In times of crisis or transition, use them up to several times an hour. Individual essences may be blended together.
(This information is provided from BAFEP, the British Association of Flower Essence Producers)